My first ten-kilometer run
First of all a happy new year with all the best wishes to all my loyal readers, I wish you the very best for 2011 and most beautiful of all!
So, now I am so my first run of ten, yesterday, in Kempten, at 13.30 clock. I myself was quite surprised at how incredibly excited I was.
for only time the statistics: I'm running now for 11 years, am in this time 18 Half Marathon (= 21.1 km), seven marathons (= 42.2 km) and a few other "odd" competitions run, but I was before no (!) so incredibly nervous as before this ten-kilometer run. A Ten is nasty - he is always running fast, so you can quickly just to see what works, what you have on it. And if one is running as the personal limit, then they will otherwise really rather silly ten kilometers just terribly long. Is that logical?
I already have an "unofficial" 10-km personal best, I'm funny enough, while running a half marathon, that is 51 minutes and 19 seconds. About this time I was over the moon in May, I was there that is not trained, as opposed to now ..... and my dream is to create 10 kilometers of a day under 50 minutes. My
fatality yesterday was now that I knew exactly the one hand, that this would not be possible because the track was not flat after all and the operators in its call himself writes that the route is not bestzeitenfähig (and if an organizer writes something, then you should trust him already!).
other hand, I wanted to but yet so happy at least crack the 51:19 - Finally, I'm just as good in training, and anyway, who wants to create the marathon under four hours, must have on it but actually under the orders of 50! So I had myself a completely stupid and counterproductive pressure built up in particular.
And therefore I shit myself then felt throughout the run. I'm telling you - dozens are bad! ;-)
Charly was on my side and wanted to slow me if I would at the very beginning start running too fast, because this is an absolute no-go .... but I was brave, and got a praise from him. The first kilometer was great, in just under five minutes, and I still felt really good. But then I started to feel much less well, as "the mountain" for the first time came, the three times it was to defeat the damn thing.
(And since all the Allgäu in the world can still claim so often that it was only a "hill", for me it was a mountain!)
course you lose big in da tempo, and I have not just done that behind reinzuholen again. I was the 5-minute pace not hold, even on the flatter sections any more, it was not, it was too quick for me. I am worried, felt the pace to be very unpleasant - was the same but a lot slower than I wanted to be, and it built then increasingly frustrated, the run was always agonizing, I said several times to Charley, "is one of ten real as shit, as I have always feared, "wanted to stop and sometimes I cry because I found myself so completely incompetent. I can be so merciless mean to me be myself, without any understanding with myself, that's gross. Whenever I somewhat re- in it was in rhythm, he came back, the mountain. And again. And gasp again YET more. And again, it transpires as the Pace. I was in part a pace of 5:30 and slower, so of course you can not run sub-50.
I save now other versions - this run was from beginning to end, a sheer agony, and when I finally, with a selbstgestoppten net time of 52:52 over the finish line was (there was only gross time by the organization), threw myself first over the railing and began to cry. And this time they were not, as with my marathon, tears of joy, but pure frustration tears. I felt bad this time as degrading, where I was tortured but SO. Charly I stroked his back a little bit helpless and did not quite know what to say to me ..... and Werner, who had driven us to Kempten, was there and was quite amazed about my sight .... in my head was just in there who do not even create the sub-50 to 10 km, can not run a marathon under 4 hours, actually I can immediately stop training for a marathon, bring it before anything, I'm much too bad and lame and make myself only, what if I think seriously, to be able to do it. Thoughts can be so destructive.
And now my present analysis, after I was asleep one night about it and something mild with me myself: I really had a blast, so mercilessly that I am hard on me even in my opinion. Hey, Rabbit, 52:52 this are totally okay! It was not Bestzeitenstrecke, remember? I ran a perfectly good top ten, with BERG ;-), and now is a ten times more often went to him to take this terror! Yes.
PS You know really how TOTAL can be comforting two purring cats, babies who cuddle up to such a wonderful experience to you? Hach ....
0 comments:
Post a Comment